The Life of Christi

So here is my new site, hopefully it will be easier for me to use and you to see. Feel free to comment at any time.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

August Update

Well, I got my job. My official first day on contract is this Tuesday, August 15th. I'm acually going to be making quite a bit more. Thats between $6000 and $10,000 more per year, depending on how much summer school I work.

On to some wonderful news.... we can sell the house now without any penalties. We were under the impression that we couldn't sell or refinance for 3 years, but I guess we just couldn't refinance, so we are hoping to have the house on the market in the next six months. In that time we need to fix up the house as best we can, and Mike needs to find a real job so that we can be approved to buy a house. So far, Mike has fixed the sprinkler system and is fixing the door this weekend. We were planning on replacing it with a nice one, but we found out that our current door wasn't a standard size so we are just going to fix the door jam (which needed fixing for a while now) and going to put the old door back up. The other major things are replacing the floor in the kitchen and upstairs area and painting the outside of the hosue. It still has primer from when we bought it.
I am so excited!! I can't wait to move. Where exactly we move depends on where Mike gets his job, and where we get a good deal. I would love to move to West Roseville, but we are thinking Citrus Heights, Antelope, Roseville, Orangevale, or Lincoln. But at least somewhere closer to where I work.

Wedding Plans
Things are going pretty well. I met with a few florists and i am hoping that Brenda's mom can actually do our flowers. Mike and I met with a wonderful photographer, and we have two other photographers we will be meeing with on Monday and Tuesday. We haven't met with any DJ's yet, maybe I'll delegate that to Mike. Looking for a dress is harder than I thought it would be. I have found a few that I liked, but not exactly what I want, and more money that I'd budgeted for. My mom and I went to the House of Fashion Outlet today. Lots of stuff I liked, but the styles I liked would be very difficult to hem, since you buy off the rack. The sales person's attitude was very good too. She'll sell you the dress you want at the price you want to pay because otherwise that dress may stay on the rack for years. If I do end up getting it from there, I might have to pick a slightly different style. No matter what, it will look beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home