The Life of Christi

So here is my new site, hopefully it will be easier for me to use and you to see. Feel free to comment at any time.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

January Update

Wedding
Wedding planning is going well, the flowers have been confirmed, bridesmaids dressed picked and almost all ordered, invitations and favors have been ordered. We've met with the wedding coordinator at the cathedral and have scheduled our rehearsal time and were given the book to help put the ceremony together. We've done the cake tasting (which was really fun) and now just need to book the baker. We are meeting with the wedding coordinator at the reception place this Wednesday to go over how things will be set up and decorated as well as setting up our tasting to pick the menu. In the next month we'll need to look at tuxedos and decide which style Mike wants. Our registry is almost complete, except the stuff for the bathroom and kitchen since we don't know where we'll be moving to. I'm almost done putting our wedding website together which has everything you ever wanted to know about us and the wedding.

Mike's Job Hunt
Mike has had a total of 5 or 6 interviews with various state departments. Three of them were just last week and he hasn't heard back yet, although one went very well. Mike said he's trying not to think about it too much because he doesn't want to be disappointed if he doesn't get it. They said he'd hear back this coming week.

Down with the Sickness
Mike and I have both caught different cold/flus already this month. I had a cold/cough/flu thing for the entire first two weeks of January and now Mike has had a head cold for almost a week now. I guess there have been quite a few really bad virus' going around this winter.

Other Misc. Stuff
We had a nice low-key New Year's up in Tracy with family. We are planning on attending a Super Bowl party, but neither of us really know who's even playing. I'm doing my friend's make up for her wedding in April, so I'll be spending a lot of time with her at various make-up places to get ideas and see what she likes. My car has been taking up all of our honeymoon payment money. Just in the last month I've spent around $1000 on tires, smog, DMV renewal, clutch and brake work. I didn't gain any weight over the Christmas and Hanukkah holidays, but haven't lost any either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home