The Life of Christi

So here is my new site, hopefully it will be easier for me to use and you to see. Feel free to comment at any time.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Major Update

Thesis

All the content is done! All I have to do now is make sure all the formatting is correct. I emailed my advisor yesterday and asked if she could find anything else that needed fixing. I have double checked everything I can think to check. I'm planning on having it at the printers the week of November 6th. It has come out to just over 100 pages, and 7 pages of references. I can't wait for it to be finished.

Graduation is December 22 at 12pm at the ARCO Arena.

Wedding

Mike and I took our engagement/graduation pics this Saturday morning. We weren't planning on doing the engagement pics at all, but since we both needed to take graduation pictures, I figured we might as well do them together, since going to a portrait studio would be just as expensive (the engagement session was included in our photography package). We ended up going with the first photographer we met with: Jennifer Pechan, www.pechanphotography.com. I can't wait until we get the pics back. They will all be edited and posted on her site for everyone to see, and pick which ones they want. I'll also be getting all the edited pictures on a CD.

We finally got a contract from the DJ we picked. The main sales guy stopped returning my e-mails asking for a contract so Mike call and ended up talking to the owner. Needless to say, we got the contract in the mail. I was tempted to start looking again, but they have gotten good reviews from the people I met on wedding message boards.

Brenda's mom is going to do our flowers. I met with her a few months ago and will do some trial bouquets and centerpieces sometime in January. I have been having such a hard time finding pictures of what I want.

I still haven't found my wedding dress after going to six different stores. My mom is going to be looking into having one custom made. My co-worker's friend got hers made for $200 and from the way she described it, it sounds a lot like what I want. I'll start looking into it after my thesis is turned in. I also need to figure out what the bridesmaids are going to wear.

Mike's Job

Mike switched internships, still with the DMV, just another department. He'll be doing a lot more relevant and productive things now which is good. He also passed a test to get onto the state's employment list and has gotten three inquiries, and one request for an interview. He'd be making as much as I do, which will be very nice. Hopefully he can get something secured before the end of December when we graduate.

House

We haven't done anything to improve the house, and there really isn't much left to do. But I've been working on my thesis and Mike has tons of large group projects, so we wouldn't have had time to do anything anyways. We haven't even gotten pumpkins to carve for Halloween, or gotten out any of the decorations put away in the shed.


I think that is a quick update on what's been happening in my life right now. I can't wait until my thesis is done and I can focus on planning stuff for the wedding, much more fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home